Friday, May 15, 2009

grecian sun

well i'm finally back in my own house...the bathroom's not 100% finished but at least the shower, toilet and sink are working again. i had such a great time staying with my friend at his flat though, i didn't want to leave! hanging out with him made me miss having a flatmate. don't get me wrong, i like living with my landlord, but it's definitely not the same as living with a friend.

i'm feeling a bit better about things, though i'm still scared about the future. i cleared things up with one of the people who hurt me so that's good; we came to the unanimous decision that he's a big fat idiot and that he's sorry, so i'm moving on. i also got to see "wolverine" this week in theatres; seeing hugh jackman semi or completely naked always brightens my day.

i thought posting some pics of my recent trip to greece would cheer up the few readers of this blog, so here they are:



the parthenon!



there were lots of stray dogs everywhere. here's one lying in the shadow of the parthenon.



canuckian and canuckian's evil twin!



athens was also covered in graffiti; this is a great pic of graffiti found in the gazi area.



mmm, "donuts"...



sunset over the harbour in aegina.



wee baby turtle amongst the ruins of keramikos!



st georgios church on top of lykavittos hill.



best tzatziki i've tried yet.



sunset over athens, viewed from atop lykavittos hill.

ah, to be back in the sunshine again...

CET :o)

2 comments:

canuckian said...

I miss the sun (and you too)!!! Mwah ;oD

canuckian said...

And Wolverine half nekked, mmm...;o)