Monday, December 17, 2007

holy crap, i'm 30

i have officially entered a new decade. my twenties are behind me. HOLY SHIT!

all year i've felt quite nonchalant about turning 30, but in the last couple of months leading up to my birthday i've been slightly stressed about it. perhaps i feel it more acutely as i go to school with people who are almost 10 years my junior. yikes.

when i received my first birthday card with the big "3-0" emblazoned on the front i had a mini panic attack! i woke up on my birthday grappling with the concept (now a reality) that i wasn't in my twenties anymore. after a succession of kick-ass birthday parties however (why have one when you can have three?), i think i am learning to be okay with it. it's no big deal really - i still look pretty young for my age and i certainly don't feel older - i think my anxiety was temporary. well, i hope so!

it's funny because while perhaps i don't want to be 30 just yet, i certainly don't want to go back to my early 20s or anything like that. i love everything that i've experienced, both good and bad, these last ten years of my life - i wouldn't change a thing - so why go back to it? i feel wiser, stronger, more sure of myself than i have ever felt before and i love the fact that i am where i am, doing what i am doing today. if feeling this way means putting a "3" where there once was a "2", then so be it!

CET :o)

No comments: