Monday, June 22, 2009

anger

just thought i'd expunge this here so i can get on with painting my toenails.

remember how ex-T didn't tell me about his engagement, leaving the dirty work to friends?

so my phone rang just a little while ago; i check the caller ID and it's ex-T. i wasn't expecting to hear from him for - oh i don't know, ever - so i hesitated for a few rings before answering it. he heard from a mutual friend that i was leaving town for good soon and so wanted to say one last hello and wish me all the best. throughout the exchange of niceties i kept debating whether or not to call him out on his cowardliness; on one hand "let sleeping dogs lie" and all that, but on the other i thought "fuck, why should i hang up without saying anything?" so nearing the end of the conversation i say "isn't there something you're forgetting?" to which he immediately replied "oh, that i'm engaged?" um yeah DUH, that you're engaged and forgot to tell me. at first he claims that he already told me, or at least he thought so, then he says he forgot, as he had to tell so many people that he must've forgotten to tell me. right.

i told him that it wasn't all that nice having to hear news like that from mutual friends (quite shit, frankly) when it's something that he should have told me himself. he then goes on - and this confirms for me YET AGAIN, why breaking up with him was the right thing to do - to imply that he's the VICTIM, that he's the victim of my horrible accusations. sigh. once a coward, always a coward.

even if it was true, that he sincerely thought he told me and that if he didn't it was an oversight, what a shitty thing to do to someone who was your first girlfriend (he's engaged to his second) for three years and the first person you ever loved and deeply at that?

i got off the phone with him and my hands were shaking. i hate how after all these years he can still affect me like that.

this particular boy sucks the chunk monkey SO large right now.

CET

3 comments:

canuckian said...

I'm sorry the chunk monkey reared his ugly head ;o( Despite the instant anger of the moment, I hope you can see a silver lining...you can leave London now and really know that you have left it all behind, no regrets, and that you are the better person and are only moving onwards and upwards, you know what I mean? Just enjoy the remaining time you have there with the people who have brought positivity into your life - don't let this affect that! Big hugz, mwah!

canuckian said...

PS I quite enjoyed that you were focused on painting your toenails hence the purging of anger - awesome ;o)

Unknown said...

what is it about certain people that even though you don't care about them anymore, they can still push these buttons that make you feel like you're still a part of their life? it's the most awful thing ever. i don't think there's a cure. i think he'll always push your buttons no matter how much time has gone by.