Monday, April 17, 2006

lots to tell!

did i tell you before how i signed up to a dating website? well, another canadian living in london got in touch with me via email and we spoke on the phone tonight! eek!

it felt so awkward and new and exciting and...like high school! the butterflies, the giddiness, the expectations...i don't know though, i think i sounded like a geek/little girl. i was a little nervous and kept laughing at the end of my sentences, and after a while the conversation lagged a bit...i don't know what to make of it all. it was one of those "getting to know you" conversations, i.e. ask a question, give an answer, other party repeat, you repeat, repeat again, etc...i mean, my mind perhaps couldn't think of the questions fast enough?

he's a stockbroker for some big company here in london, got transferred from toronto. doesn't seem like my type (i.e. very corporate, very "bay st") but he seems nice and i'm willing to meet up with him at least. i was msning with mutton face when all this transpired, and we were saying that with every date you go on you're one date closer to someone worthwhile. i don't want to say "the one" because i don't believe in it, so i'm saying "someone worthwhile". let's hope so!

i'm suppose to text him my number (as he gave me his number first) and then we'll set up a drinks date from there. i'll keep you posted! i don't know why i feel like such a kid at the moment, like everyone's a grown-up and i'm just "playing" grown-up...he's four years my senior but from his pics he looks just so manly and grown-up, while my pics are of me looking very young...anyhoo...

i've been holed up in my flat the last couple of nights - everyone i know in this town is out of it this easter weekend, on holidays or with family. even my flatmates were out of town on a romantic weekend getaway. so it was me, my tv and my laptop. at first i didn't quite know what to do with myself, but after a while it was okay. i actually stayed up until 6am this morning reading belle de jour, the diary of a (now ex) london call girl. needless to say it was interesting stuff! she's got a book deal now and her posts are few and far between, but her insights into the sexual psyche of her clients, and just the crazy things they've asked her to do, are more than worth the lack of sleep i've had. she's also an excellent writer, and very well-versed in english lit.

i finally ventured outside the flat today, just to dump some recycling and buy a few veggies before scurvy hits. i noticed a weird-looking duck in the creek where the skull was, in a very nice little nest with very fluffy little ducklings! so cute. i watched them for a bit before moving on.

eyes are tired, must sleep!

hope everyone had a happy easter weekend!

CET

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOoh, that does sound exciting. Have fun with it, and don't do anything you're not comfortable with. Happy Easter! (Yes, I know I'm younger than you, but you're my friend and I still feel a need to look out for you)

Anonymous said...

Check out Carol Queen's "Real Live Nude Girl"