Wednesday, December 13, 2006

stars and ocean

i saw the stars last night! no, not the celebrity kind but the points-of-light-in-the-sky kind. it's funny/sad how i didn't even notice that i haven't seen them in a long time until i looked up last night and there they were in all their glory - the big dipper, little dipper, orion's belt - winking at me from way up high.

in halifax visiting muttonface this week - halifax, nova scotia, canada, not halifax, england for those who might be confused - walked to the park today after having a monster of a lunch (sweet potato poutine and seafood chowder, mmm) and dipped my hand into the atlantic ocean. c-c-c-c-cold. i realized that i've touched the atlantic ocean from both sides of the world, at four different locations: halifax, nova scotia; delaware, usa; cornwall, england and the algarve, portugal. i feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to do so!

today is my birthday (canuckian's too of course!). happy birthday canuckian!

muttonface's flatmate's cookin' up something good for dinner right now, it smells yummy. will be going to some reggae night thing that muttonface knows of afterwards, should be a good time!

CET :o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you too my dear CET!!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

happy bday to both of you!

and say hi to muttonface for me!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated to you and Canuckian. If you have noticed I haven't been online much. I had some sort of virus and am sick as a dog (not Chili, because he's adorable), but SICK. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hey CET
Happy Belated Birthday!!! I am sorry I couldn't be there to be part of the celebration but next time ;-)
Hope you had a great day!!!
Hugs

J.L said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

Alright, I'm finally caught up with your blog...I must remember to monitor it more closely. All this stuff seems to happen when I'm not paying attention; I expect details when we meet up in T.O. Yes, I'll get you hammered if that's what it takes. We should be up there around the 30th...any New Year's Eve plans? We hit the road on the 22nd, but I should have email access during that week. Lots of news to share too--keystrokes are too slow. Oh wait, this is your blog forum and not an email. Good thing I didn't start telling you about that disgusting boil I had removed from my ass...all the shaving involved...Fyeeooo! That would have been embarrassing.

kiwigirl said...

Happy Belated Birthday W and W :)

Love you both!

Just got back from Cuba........30 degrees to -1 all in a 10 hour flight!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have a great Christmas!