Monday, October 08, 2007

finally

hello everyone!

big apologies for the hiatus from the blogsphere, as per usual my life consisted of a whirlwind of activity in toronto right up to my flight back to london, and as per usual my time in london has consisted of settling into my new digs, catching up with old friends and yeah, school. this term is going to be a doozy.

right before i left for the uk i took a short break outside of toronto to visit with friends. it was a trip that was both amazing and frustrating at the same time. i'll try to make this short, because although you perhaps haven't heard the story, i have recounted it to various friends numerous times, and at this point i'm just sick of the whole thing. here we go...

one of the friends on this trip, let's call her squiggle, is a very difficult person to like, let alone travel with. she's young, immature, self-righteous, snobby, self-absorbed and frankly annoying. my other friend, let's call him muscle, his generally a good guy but a little on the intense side; he gets riled up easily.

basically, these two friends on a trip together made for some serious head-butting and guess who was caught in the middle? yup, me. muscle would rant at me about squiggle, squiggle would be completely oblivious to her annoying effect on people, and i had to put up with this for the entire trip. thank god for our tour guide and new-found friend, a local named guppy. he was cute, funny as hell and was what basically kept me sane for the entire time. we hit it off right away - there was some definite flirting between us - so at least when i wasn't getting pissed off at the other two i was laughing and flirting it up with him.

i thought the flirting was going somewhere, but during my one off day when i really couldn't take anyone anymore (and walked off), squiggle proceeded to move in on guppy and pretty much flirted with him shamelessly for the rest of the trip.

thanks, squiggle, thanks. that's called being a friend.

so while the vistas were amazing along with most of the people i met on this trip, it was definitely tainted by this whole squiggle/muscle/guppy fiasco. i was quite gutted about guppy, only because he made me laugh like no one else in a long time, and i thought i would at least get a snog out of it! "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" - i would say that the way to my heart is through my funny bone, and guppy sure knew how to hit it.

CET :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

guppy...haha, I like it!

Anonymous said...

Hey! You're alive! I was gonna send out the bobbies. Looking forward to hearing more about your re-settling in. Are you at the same mailing address? Drop me a message with an update.

You weren't really interested in a person named "Guppy"...? Please tell me you were not trudging around Newfoundland!

Anonymous said...

awww...you're gone...one hang out time this past summer was not enough. how's the weather over there?