Wednesday, October 10, 2007

the view from my window

this is the view from my window now:



compared to last year:



what a difference, eh? i'm obviously living in a part of london now that is a little quieter, more suburban than the hustle and bustle of east london. i do miss the organized chaos and the grittiness (not to mention being within walking distance to spitalfields, brick lane, and my favourite coffee shop), but i am starting to appreciate the space, the green and the trees, as well as breathing in (relatively) cleaner air when i step outside on my way to school, compared to the sludge they call air in the central part of the city.

coffee shop: i went last friday with my evil hypnotist and coffee shop hottie wasn't there. two new people were there instead. hmmm. this was the first time i stepped in since i've been back here so i'm not panicking just yet; i plan to pop by tomorrow so we shall see if i'm lucky enough to run into him...

it's so funny because tonight classmate T and her fiance A and i were talking about potential suitors for me amongst their friends. i honestly don't know what i want at the moment, or whether i'm even actively looking; perhaps it's a lull brought on by lack of action in that department, or indifference, i don't know, but i feel like my life's too full at the moment with other things to concentrate on finding a mate. perhaps that's a cop out, i don't know, but it just doesn't feel like one of my priorities at the moment. maybe i just haven't been "swept up" by anyone yet.

CET :o)

3 comments:

kiwigirl said...

Hey honey!

So where in London are you now?

And I so know what you mean re boys!

xxx K

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

hey kiwigirl,

i'm in southeast london. i miss seeing the gherkin from my window. :o)

Anonymous said...

that's sooo beautiful. congrats on the new place