Wednesday, September 17, 2008

flat hunting

i saw a house tonight and it was lovely - i'd be living with two guys and a girl - i told them i was definitely interested but they still have people viewing the place until friday, and told me they would get back to me with their final decision then.

basically it comes down to who they think will be most compatible to live with.

i feel like a contestant on a dating show - what was that one called? oh yeah, "love connection" - i'm viewing their house but really they are viewing me, inspecting me with a critical eye wondering "will she be a suitable housemate?"

i really like the house and even texted them afterwards, making a joke about swaying their decision with my mean pot of chili and the fact that i like watching the footie...do you think i just pissed away a chance at the house because i might come across as a stalker housemate wannabe? just from one text message joke? i hope not! :oS

i don't like feeling like i'm being judged. i bet you with two guys in the house they'll probably go for the hottest chick that viewed the place. not that i'm not hot (i have my moments of hotness!) but you know, it'll probably be some tall, leggy blonde.

hmpf.

CET

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never know, when I found my DC house, my housemates were really looking for a girl to keep the balance in the house (two guys, two girls) and someone that would fit in well in terms of lifestyle. Having been on both sides (looking for a place and looking for a housemate), it's not always the leggy blonde that gets the flat! I'm sure your text message was taken well and didn't hinder your chances. Good luck!

Glamourpuss said...

Yeah, but tall leegy blondes don't cook - or eat for that matter - so I'd say your chances are pretty good.

Puss

Lianne said...

I know exactly what you mean about the whole viewings thing. I've been desperately trying to find somewhere to live for when I go back to Uni, unfortunately I'm in England, and uni is Scotland. I was working full time, and it meant that I couldn't go up to view flats. So that meant half the time people didn't even get back to me, because they had so much interest from other people that they could at least meet.

Luckily I've found somewhere now, however I have no idea what the people are like who live there, and I have very little knowledge of the flat. Unfortunate that was just how it had to be. I was desperate.

Hopefully you find somewhere soon; I hate that feeling of not being sorted.

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

thanks ladies - still haven't heard from them though. x