Tuesday, February 06, 2007

glasgow is feckin' cold...

...but great so far!

left dublin on sunday morning. i woke up with plenty of time to pack and get ready, but then two minutes after i'm out of bed the door buzzer sounds - tan called me a cab and didn't even tell me! her and her man came back from their engagement party saturday night/sunday morning pretty damn pissed, ha ha ha...so here i was, scrambling around throwing my clothes in my backpack, barely having time to get dressed and brush my teeth. oh, and there was a thick fog over dublin where you could barely see two feet in front of you - i wondered how the heck my plane was suppose to fly.

anyhoo, made it to the airport and my plane took off and landed in glasgow no problem. schlepped it to the city centre to meet my friend shirl. pretty much chilled sunday evening as i was a bit hungover myself!

yesterday: on scottish guy's recommendation i started off my day at the university of glasgow, britain's fourth oldest university. beautiful main building with two cloisters in the middle - i felt like i was on the set of "harry potter" or something.

walked through kelvingrove park adjacent to the university - breathed in the crisp, winter air and enjoyed a bit of nature - then off to the city centre. checked out the shopping on buchanan street, then had a lovely afternoon tea at the willow tea rooms, a set of tea rooms around the city designed and decorated by charles rennie mackintosh. my afternoon was spent at the gallery of modern art (GoMA).

today i'm going to try and do a bus tour of the city as well as check out the kelvingrove art gallery and museum. then i'm meeting shirl and going to her tuesday night cooking class with her!

and yes, is friggin' cold here - my fingers are freezing!

pure dead brilliant,
CET :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Pure dead brilliant" - okay, that's enough! That, along with "food stuffs" should not be said unless you are a real Brit because only they could get away with crazy phrases like that! Those two phrases will not cross the ocean back to Canada when you do ;o)

J.L said...

Freezing in Glasgow? Cmon! Try -22C.

Everything is frozen.