Sunday, March 18, 2007

winding up

so i have a week of school left before a three-week easter holiday. i'll be going home to visit my family and friends, yay! i will be glad for the break.

ever since this new term started i have been in the most apathetic of moods. i honestly don't know what affliction/malaise has descended on me, but i honestly can't be bothered to do anything. i don't know what's wrong with me. days pass and i am content to leave things undone, tasks unfinished, errands left to run; i think i'm purposely ignoring things and slowing my life down for some reason, though i don't know what that reason is. anytime when i'm not in class you can find me at the coffee shop, the markets, or lazing about in some park somewhere. what has come over me? i don't even know why i need a break so badly when i haven't done anything anyway.

i think i'm missing physical affection too. hugs, kisses, a pat on the back or the squeeze of a hand - not just from romantic potentials, but from family and friends too - i interact with humans everyday (i say humans like as if i'm not one myself) and yet it is only with my voice and my facial expressions; it's not enough for me.

and can i just say how annoying it is to upload pictures onto blogger and to not have it work? argh!

in happier news, i attended a dance exhibition with a classmate of mine on saturday; she had a spare ticket so it was quite spur of the moment/last-minute. it's called the move it dance london exhibition, taking place in olympia this weekend.

i never fancied myself a dance aficionado; i love dancing and getting my groove on, but it has never been something i actively sought out/participated in. it was so much fun! they had a main stage with various performances throughout the day; stalls upon stalls selling dancewear, promoting dance schools, colleges, etc., but the best part were the taster classes on the second floor. they offered every type of dance available, in 45 minute sessions with a master teacher. my friend and i learned a bit of hip hop, funk, locking and krumping, finishing off the day with some good old bhangra moves! it was great to learn some new steps, get a workout, and shake my tail feather in the process. i'm paying for it today though, as my entire body aches. this is what i get for not exercising regularly.

anyhoo, when i manage to upload pictures i will definitely post some from the exhibition.

CET :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, you coming back across the ocean? I am in immigration limbo and cannot leave the country! Feel like catching a bus down our way for a visit? We'll make it worth your while...

Hmmmm, what can we offer here...how about cheap pints o' beer? Tasty Asian-fusion meals? Weekend brunches with far-out pancake ingredients like swiss chocolate-almond-coconut or lamb-mint or roasted duck-brie or apricot-hazlenut? Sound intriguing?

We also have plenty of people to hug and to rub your back. But maybe human contact is just more plentiful here in the New World. Let me know how your trip goes!

Anonymous said...

I have lots of hugs for you! And maybe a drunken "I love you" as well :)

But I know what you mean... sometimes I'm just a little too happy to see Niki...

Anonymous said...

gimme a ring if you have time when you get back here. I'm working even closer to where you live now...I think I am obsessed!!
I'll give you lots of hugs and kisses and drunken nights out where you can show me your new moves!! Good friday sound good to you...I am sure Jesus would want us to celebrate this way!! ;)

~j-mo

Anonymous said...

There's a puppy waiting to give you kisses ;o)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and I'd like to see you krump!!!