Wednesday, August 01, 2007

definitive proof...

...that women will never understand men and men will never understand women.

i went to see the simpsons movie on friday. it was so good! full of what felt like the best of the best simpsons jokes. i won't say much more than that because i don't want to give anything away but yeah, i enjoyed it very much.

the movie theatre was a couple of blocks away from my friend's party, the one that office boy was attending. she called me that afternoon before i went to the movies and we had a good chat; basically we agreed to hell with office boy and his insecurities; she said to come over to her place after the movie.

when i arrived i could see him in my peripheral vision but delibrately chose to acknowledge his presence only at the last possible moment. he comes up to me and gives me a hug and i'm thinking "what the fuck? don't touch me you bastard!" he was his usual arrogant, hypocritical and snarky self, chatting to me and making jokes like he wasn't revolted at seeing me at this party, the way he was just a few days earlier.

i only stayed for about an hour as i was meeting up with my sister; when i left and was walking past him, on my way out the door do you know what he does? he takes my hand and holds it for a moment before letting go. what the FUCK? what the hell is he playing at? i don't get it, i just don't get it. anyhoo, when he did that i didn't look at him and just kept on walking until he let go.

that's enough about him, ugh. time for bed.

CET :o)

3 comments:

Vatan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

boys are stoooopid! it might be one of several things:

1. he noticed you were acting 'different' around him so his inflated ego is telling him you're uncomfortable and still want him so he's playing it up cuz he likes his ego stroked.

2. he still wants you! but screw that.. he can go to hell.

3. he's a bit of a sap and though may have been uncomfortable with the initial idea of you being there, he still feels affection towards you when you're in the vicinity.

4. he has a big ego and just likes to be what he thinks is a playa.

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

yup, boys can be pretty stoooopid.

1. i don't think i was acting differently around him, i just tried to be myself really and not let him affect me in an obvious way. the inflated ego sounds about right though.

2. hahaha, he can kiss my ass because that's all he'll ever get from me! :o)

3. hmmm, i wondered about that one but i'm not sure...

4. i think there's a little bit of that thrown into the mix.

whatever the reason, i'm glad i won't have to see him for a long, long time. good riddance!

CET :o)