Tuesday, January 27, 2009

wee man

my landlord's three-year old son was crying tonight; long story short but on tuesday nights there's about an hour in the evening when my landlord's out and his ex-wife - who comes to put the little one to sleep - leaves after doing so. it was in this window of time that the wee man gets up to find both parents not home. he was sitting on the steps crying and my heart went out to him. poor little guy, feeling all alone. he obviously wasn't going to go back to bed so he sat with me for a while watching CSI with me. okay, maybe i shouldn't expose a three-year old to an autopsy and obvious signs of rigor mortis but it was CSI! anyhoo, i had to study so he slept on my bed while i tried to do some work, waiting for his dad to get home.

i'm sure commentary on the fallout of divorce and parenting is in this post somewhere, but right now it's not for me to make. i just want the little guy to be happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CSI? You are going to be an awesome mom one day! ;o)

Anonymous said...

BTW, that's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Mr Bing says:
I hope one day you can sooth my son with gripping tv dramas :)

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

nothing but the best for your son, mr. bing. :op

hey, CSI is educational! i can teach him the correct pronouciation of scientific terms that the actors on the show fluff up! and the correct way to pipette liquids! no air bubbles!