Monday, February 13, 2006

pseudo bridget jones...

well, it wasn't exactly the scene where bridget was having dinner with all the married couples, but it was pretty close...

i went to an ex-co-worker's party in honour of her baby on sunday...i say hi to my friend and her baby and am introduced to my friend's mother. the first thing she says to me after "hello" is "so where's your little one?" i just about choked on my own spittle. i said "nowhere as far as i'm concerned thank goodness!" then she says "oh sorry, i just thought everyone here around your age would have kids," or something to that effect. she didn't mean to be rude so i wasn't offended, just amused really.

i went to a flamenco show later that evening, featuring the famous dancer, sara baras. wow, i was impressed. what a show! her feet moved with the speed of a hummingbird's wings. her performance blew me away. it made me miss my flamenco instructor all the more, as she has not been back in london since christmas; i think she's moved back to spain because she couldn't find a job here. my flamenco shoes are now gathering dust in a corner :( hopefully my friend and flamenco-partner-in-crime, gabby, can find another instructor for us.

can i just say, the show "frasier" cracks me up. i watch it often now, as it's on the comedy channel here. that, and the series "scrubs". so funny.

ooooo, i've almost left out some exciting news: i actually have plans for valentine's day! well, i'm having dinner at kiwigirl's place, but her friend "marvin the martian" might be there, and he's really cute. i had dinner with kiwigirl and him once before, but at the time he was in a long-distance relationship with someone in the states. not anymore... ;)

CET

3 comments:

lady in the street said...

How funny that you can feel attratced to someone nicknamed Marvin the Matrian!

kiwigirl said...

haha - thats not his nickname!!!!!!!!!

And for the record my dear CET - he reads my blog. which means he could read yours. just a warning.

See you tomorrow.

xx K

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

lady in the street: "marvin the martian" is the alias i've given him on my blog...besides, i've always thought marvin the martian (the cartoon) was cute! i think he was misunderstood, being an alien and all.

kiwigirl: i know he might read your blog, but i remember either you or him saying that he hardly ever reads it, so i'm banking on the fact that he hasn't read it in a while (and isn't going to start soon)...oh well, too late to change it now! hehehe...

see you tomorrow x

CET