Friday, February 03, 2006

vacation day 1

didn't even sleep in today, as i had to go to the embassy to renew my passport. came home, bought groceries, and have been doing loads of neglected laundry.

on the bus on the way home i noticed a white van with the "how's my driving?" sticker stuck to the rear window, only it was a little different...

"well driven? probably not. who you gonna call, ghostbusters?"

it made me smile.

am waiting for the last load before dashing off to meet kiwigirl for dinner. we have a BIG pub crawl tomorrow, i can't wait. it's the "circle line pub crawl", where you literally get off at every station on the circle line, go to a pub, and drink. we're having a big english breakfast before we go, as our stomach will need the extra-greasy lining.

i have some good news...i think i pretty much have a part-time job! when i say "i think" it's because the pharmacist (yes, it's at a pharmacy not too far from my school) wants to do a trial period to see if they really need me the way they think they do now (if that makes any sense). i mean, the last thing they want to do is to pay me to sit on my ass doing nothing. so anyhoo, i am very excited and very glad that at least it's something - it'll pay for my groceries every week (if it pans out), and perhaps my entertainment money too. every little bit helps!

okay, laundry time. have a great weekend everyone!

CET

No comments: