Tuesday, October 10, 2006

pant pant

ran with marvin, kiwigirl and one of their colleagues yesterday. holy mother.

i think i did pretty well as i haven't ran like that in ages; we ran for about 35 minutes during which i stopped 4 times, each time for a couple of minutes. pretty good considering we were going at a pretty brisk pace (well, brisk for me). i'm quite proud of myself! thanks be to marvin and kiwigirl for letting a slow-poke like me run with them and for being so encouraging, even if i walked up the hill at the end instead of running up it. :o)

when i went back to my locker to get my stuff there was a guy standing there; he asked me how to use the lockers (coin deposit system) and so i showed him. i think he was trying to pick me up because he tried to make conversation, asking me if i was coming from aerobics class or something; i was looking so nasty, my face all red and my clothes all soaked from sweat, i just told him i went running with friends then grabbed my stuff and left. i know i should've been friendlier, and i think it's pretty cool that as gross as i was feeling and looking i was still being picked up, but i felt as though i was going to keel over and didn't have enough energy to form words that would make up a decent conversation. next time i'll be more prepared!

and i don't know if i've mentioned this in a previous post or not, but i love london the most when it's nighttime. we ran along the embankment by the river and the view was gorgeous, the buildings and trees all lit up, twinkling like thousands of stars on earth. riding the bus at night, you can fully appreciate the varied architecture in the city, and in general the feeling is more peaceful and calm. here are some pics:



see what i mean? i can see the rocket-like building (aka "the gherkin") from my bedroom window.



hungerford bridge near the southbank (imagine my sweaty self running along this bridge).

CET :o)

p.s. both images are courtesy of www.imagelondon.com.

4 comments:

J.L said...

Great! Running is best.

I went running yesterday.

It's all about running up the hill.. or else you die.

I think there's something about the look of a girl/person who has just finished a work out. There's a certain glowing characteristic that eminates from ones skin. That or he could just smell your pheramons.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your pics of London make me miss it!!!

Your gym story reminds me of Miranda getting picked up at the gym on Sex and the City ;o)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I thought you had taken those pictures yourself. But London still looks amazing. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you too!

kiwigirl said...

haha

Run was fun. We went again last night, and then I proceeded to drink far too much wine and port afterwards!

xx k

PS - nobody would ever try to pick me up when I had been running. SO unattractive when red and sweaty. Some people might glow, I am so not one of them!