Friday, January 19, 2007

gale force winds can't keep me away...

for those not living in the uk, we had gale force winds rock the island all day yesterday...scottish guy texted me in the afternoon asking if i still wanted to meet up. as if an 80 mph breeze can keep me away from a date!

my nerves were growing as date time drew near. as per usual there was nothing decent in my wardrobe to wear, so i end up in one of vij's concoctions. was looking pretty cute though if i do say so myself!

i was walking towards the station (our designated meeting place) wondering if i would even recognize him - i mean, we only met just briefly and that was over a month ago - i wondered if he would even recognize me! thankfully we recognized each other right away and after an awkward hug (one of those where you don't know which way to go, your arms bumping into each other) we started walking to the pub of my choosing.

he was cuter than what i remembered which was a definite bonus; he was in his suit (coming from work) and looked very handsome. we got to the pub which was packed, and found ourselves squeezed into the tiniest possible corner. from there the conversation just flowed and flowed; i was myself throughout the date, though perhaps from the nervousness i was talking a bit more than usual. he didn't seem to mind though. i must admit i got a little bit buzzed from the pint of beer, which i downed pretty quickly, followed by my usual gin and tonic; i hope it wasn't too obvious! i could tell that he was enjoying himself very much, and throughout the evening he was showing his interest in me more and more. his gazes got longer, he kept touching my back as we were walking, little things like that.

funniest part: in the middle of drinks vij calls me - she had already planned to call, to see how i was doing and if i needed a way out in case the date was going badly - instead of trying to save me, she tells me that she left her keys at home! for real! so she had to meet us in the middle of our dinner, waiting outside the restaurant for me; i quickly ran outside, handed her the keys, gave her a quick update (including squealing) and then we dashed off our separate ways. scottish guy was probably thinking it was all a set-up or something, but it really wasn't!

after drinks and dinner we went to a cafe in soho for coffee, then he walked me to my bus stop. i think it's obvious by now that i'm not a suave person at all (oh really???), so the goodbye wasn't filled with movie-like kisses or anything like that; my bus came quite suddenly so i quickly leaned in for a peck on the cheek (i can already hear your collective groan and shouts for more action!), and then i was off. i think i preferred it that way, as it leaves the both of us anticipating and wanting what's to come...

conclusion? he's smart, funny, sweet and has an accent that makes me melt a little. next week is revision week so i'll be buried deep in my books, but i will definitely come up for some fresh air and perhaps a little more kissing...

CET :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, that's so exciting!! It sounds like a great date...I love the back touch move - it's the kindof touch that gives you those little butterflies! Keep us all posted as I've already checked your blog twice today to see what happened last night...hmm...this could say more about my life but regardless, I'm totally hooked!

xoxo - Sue

Oh yeah, and I can totally picture you and Vij standing in the street squealing!!

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

yeah, the back touches made me all giddy inside.

can't wait for the next date! just don't know when it'll be...

love and miss you sue!
CET :o)

Anonymous said...

As on old married woman I'm living my romantic life through you.... keep us posted.

:)

Glad it went well.

Anonymous said...

although it wasn't a set-up, you did have one planned....you're hilarious.