Tuesday, January 23, 2007

human contact please!

this studying business is driving me a little nutty - it's going well overall (i think), but my days are spent chained to my desk, confined to my flat - not getting up except to eat and pee. the only time i'm physically outside is when i walk to the internet cafe to check e-mail - my only interaction with the outside world all day! argh!

thankfully this will change on thursday night when i have my second date with scottish guy! we're to meet at trafalgar square and then check out the photographer's gallery nearby. i must admit i'm excited at the prospect of kissing this fine scottish gentleman; i've been thinking about it a lot because i'm not exactly good at this whole first kiss thing. well, not good in the sense that i've never had to initiate it - the boys have always been the ones kissing me first, ha ha ha - i mean, i may not have to initiate it on thursday but a girl always likes to be prepared.

i was talking to kiwigirl about this and we realized that while i'm brave enough to approach a complete stranger (something she says she could never do), she's brave enough to kiss someone first (which i'm not sure i am); perhaps rolling the two of us into one would result in the perfect date!?!

i have a tendency to get a bit nervous and shy, especially when i realize the boy's attracted to me, and end up laughing when "the moment" approaches. laughing is bad because invariably the boy will think you're laughing at them, while in fact you're laughing at your own nervousness and the situation in general. comments/advice/tips anyone?

okay, off to the grocery store to stock up on food stuffs...

CET :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the studying and ish. and have fun on your date? have you planned on what to wear already?

kiwigirl said...

The kissing part is easy. Its everything else that is hard.

You will be brilliant darling. And make sure you call and let me know how it goes.

xx K

Anonymous said...

Food stuffs??? I'm sorry, but that's one Brit term (or is it a CETism?) that will not be coming back to Canada! Now go study for uni...

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! even though it's not me who's going on a date...=P

i'm looking forward to see your update.

this is the student RT from winnipeg by the way. i miss you girl!