Wednesday, March 08, 2006

the death of a shoe

over the past couple of days it has been raining non-stop in londontown; spitting, drizzle, downpour, steady stream...you name it, it's been falling from the sky. it is because of this rain that i realised today that my favourite pair of shoes in the whole wide world is dead.

you must know what i'm talking about, the pair of shoes that you are so in love with, that you would sleep with it in bed if it didn't dirty your sheets; the type of shoes that fill you with a serene, happy feeling whenever you look at them, bordering on sublime joy...sigh...

my left shoe has a tiny crack in the bottom of the sole, and the constant flow of rainwater has infiltrated my lovely shoe and has left me with a wet, stinky left sock for two days now. oh the pain! the sadness! the despair!

i know for a fact that i can't get my unique pair of shoes anywhere anymore - the company that makes them has hit hard times, and no longer sells my style of shoe. what is a shoeless girl to do?

RIP my lovely shoe.

CET

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the horror!!! Oh, I loved that shoe too!!! Can't you just dry it and get it fixed? Take it to a cobbler and see what they say? Or can't you just wear it when it's not raining? No, no, it can't die...

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...that only means one thing!!! SHOE SHOPPING!!

I'm sorry about the loss of your shoe. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." (Tim's quote)