Wednesday, June 21, 2006

when i say smarmy...

...i mean sleazy, like those creepy old men that try to pick up young girls. my uncle's not like that but he can be pretty close sometimes!

we went to a music store today and my uncle bought a black leather guitar strap with tassles and a huge silver chain.
his style icon is carson from 'queer eye for the straight guy.'
he likes pop and rock; he can play most rock standards on guitar.
he was eyeing up a young waitress during dinner last night.
he played 'whoop there it is' on his phone during dinner.
my dad and him joke around, acting like they're gay lovers. i find a lot of straight guys i know do this with their friends. can anyone tell me why? is it only when 'acting gay' that straight men can be more affectionate with one another? it's either about 'acting gay' with their friends or talking about each other's mamas.
he is pure jokes.

i have nothing against flowery shirts, but if you actually saw some of the shirts my uncle has in his suitcase, i think you would cringe too! they are borderline tacky/cool. they look horrible on the hanger, but when he puts them on he can actually get away with it. i wonder why?

CET :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that "acting" helps them act how they want to without being teased. Yesterday , we had a short skit thing to demonstrate our marketing concepts (that the prof assigned) and as part of a , these 2 guys were the "gay car buyers". One of the guys was just laughing throughout the entire thing and the entire guy was totally pulling it off. It was great to see that he was comfortable enough to hold another guy's hand, but sad because everybody in the class was laughing.

Btw, speaking of gay...are you going to the Pride Parade?

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

no, i would love to go to pride but i can't, i have a wedding and a bridal shower to attend this weekend; i'm also going to see a friend race in the dragonboat festival before the wedding on saturday.

if you go, let me know how it went!

Anonymous said...

Uncle is a total riot! Oh my god, I can't wait to get home! And hey, I'm going to dragon boat too on Saturday morning, right? You better have factored me into your plans woman! I think Skinne #1 wants me there. Speak soon ;o)