Monday, October 10, 2005

gobble gobble

once again to all my friends and family in canada, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

saturday night's thanksgiving dinner was a success! i must admit (not too modestly) that my roast chicken kicked ass. YUMMY. the veggies j made were awesome too: butternut squash, mash potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc. mmm...we had baklava from the local bakery for dessert, along with j's apple crisp. glutton heaven i tell you. my tummy was very, very happy.

j took out his guitar afterwards and was playing a few tunes and singing, and it slowly morphed into a group sing-along. cheesy, i know, but i promise there were absolutely NO renditions of "kumbaya" or whatever, blah. lots of wine was had, so all in all it was a lovely evening.

class was okay today (showed up on time, yeah!); we learned about muscarinic agonist/antagonists, alpha- and beta-blockers. interesting stuff though i'm trying to sort out all the different drugs in my head. i guess this is where the memorization comes in, boo.

i might be applying for a part-time job at a virgin record store! goodness knows i need to supplement my funding somehow. i can only work up to 20 hours a week which is fine, now i just hope they a) need people and b) hire me!

anyhoo, i hope this finds all of you well, eating and drinking lots of good food and wine.

unleash your inner food beast.

CET

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm unleashing my inner food beast tonight! Making roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and roasted squash for roomies. They're making/getting green bean salad, rolls, pie, and wine. Yum! You've inspired me CET! Happy Thanksgiving!