Tuesday, November 15, 2005

interview and weekend...

the interview went really well i think. not to toot my own horn, but after going through countless interviews at waterpoo and beyond, i think it's fair to say i have my interview skills down to a fine art. they asked typical HR questions, like "describe a situation where you used your teamwork skills to produce a positive result. what was your contribution?" blah, blah, blah. there were two women interviewing me and the whole thing lasted about an hour. it's a simple bookseller's job (i.e. not rocket science), but i won't know until next week because they're interviewing gazillions of people (why? who knows). i think i did the best that i could do, so here's hoping!

the weekend: went to greenwich on saturday. had my GORGEOUS pies at goddard's pie house by the cutty sark (the cutty sark's a famous ship); chicken and mushroom pie with mash and gravy for lunch, then rhubarb crumble with custard for afternoon snack. heaven in a bowl. shopped around greenwich market (always some good buys), then went to the queen's house - no, not buckingham palace, it's actually called the queen's house - the great hall is a perfect cube. appealed to the geek in me.

sunday i had dim sum with my classmate t and her long-term boyfriend "a" (HOLY CRAP HE IS HOT! don't even get me started on describing his hotness), along with "e", the registry assistant (i.e. the job i used to do when i was working here). hearing the sounds and smelling the smells of a busy chinese restaurant felt like home. the food wasn't bad either. afterwards i went to Mass with t and a (hahaha, "t and a") - yes, Mass, as in Catholic Mass - i figured if i could go to a hare krishna temple with one friend, why not Mass with another? expanding my religious knowledge base if you will. the mass was delivered in cantonese too. while sitting in the pew i kept thinking of the simpsons attending church; i thought to myself "now i know what homer feels like."

"t and a" and Mass in one sentence, nice.

CET

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, t and a! Can't wait to check out this hottie for myself - just to look, of course ;o)

lady in the street said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Mmmmm.....food..I'm so hungry right now (if you can't tell). Good luck on the job! My store opens next Tuesday btw. Ttyl.

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

lady in the street: sorry, deleted your comment because you used my name (well, a version of it). i'm glad my blog entry made your day though! hang in there!