Thursday, November 17, 2005

it was a good day...

yesterday was busy. attended one (of two) lecture, and afterwards went to seven kings high school with Mrs. S from registry; they were running a small, universities fair for the kids in that area's enriched science/math program. afterwards they had a teacher from UCL who performed a chemistry show. i love chemistry shows. he had various balloons filled with either helium, hydrogen, or hydrogen + various salts. he held a match to each of them and they exploded with a huge bang, along with a flash of light in various colours, depending on what gas and what salt was in the balloon. it's funny how i knew what was coming (i.e. the bang), and yet still jumped when the balloon exploded.

afterwards i headed back to SOP, as someone i knew had her PhD viva (i.e. oral defense), and passed with flying colours. we headed to the bar to celebrate, then e and i went elsewhere for a cheap pizza and good conversation.

on tuesday night i had dinner with my mom's first cousin and her son down at new cross gate. my second cousin is an EXCELLENT cook, and it was great having a homemade chinese meal again, ahhh...she even gave me food that she cooked in advance and froze, so that i could take it back to the flat and defrost it and eat it whenever i want. two tupperwares full of lamb curry, and her own handmade fish balls. i am so lucky.

oops, they're closing the lab!

CET
p.s. sillyhead: thanks for all your comments...it took me a while to figure out who you are, but i know now...an email will be with you shortly! i'm glad you're reading my blog. say hi to ms. sillyhead for me.
p.p.s. lady in the street: i know this is terrible, but i still can't figure out who you are! i have one idea based on your location, no, i have two ideas, but can you email me letting me know? you have my email address, right? thanks for linking me on your blog, i will do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, glad you saw through my alias. Where is my promised email?! Little Ms. SillyHead is doing super-fine.