Wednesday, December 14, 2005

no puppy today :(

so i wake up at 7:15am, as we want to leave the house by around 8 for the three-hour drive to kingston. my mom comes out of the bathroom in her work clothes. i'm thinking "why is she dressed so nice to pick up a dog?" when she tells me we're not going because of all the snowfall last night. i run to the window and look outside, and sure enough EVERYTHING is covered in a few inches of snow. DAMMIT!

don't get me wrong, i love snow, but it just figures it would fall (and in large quantities) on the day we want to get our new puppy. so now we'll have to wait until the snow clears and it's safe enough for driving. if we owned a pickup truck or a SUV we'd be happily on our way right about now but alas, no.

my dad said we should have the dog couriered to us today (he works for a courier company). i thought that was pretty funny.

i guess it's back to bed for a bit more sleep, then perhaps i'll pop into the pharmacy today (i used to work there) to say hi to my old colleagues and speak to the RX manager, she might have a few days for me lined up.

i want my puppy NOW!!!

CET

No comments: