Monday, December 12, 2005

the twins have landed

canuckian and i are home now, woohoo!!! our flights arrived within an hour of each other, canuckian at terminal 2 and i at terminal 1. it was a happy reunion with the family - lots of hugs and kisses - oh, and a box of tim hortons donuts waiting for us in the car. sweet, joyous bliss. then it was off for home, where my grandma, aunt and cousins were waiting for us. another happy reunion, followed by dinner of chinese bbq pork, chicken and all things YUMMY. this month home will be a food feast to remember.

had dinner tonight with friend e (oh, her new nickname on my blog will be "e-mail" - long story, perhaps i'll fill you in later, but for now, "e-mail" it is, hehehe...) and her family and friends. ladyinthestreet was there (i finally figured out who she is, thanks to my sis), as well as our friend "melroy". we had a feast to delight the senses; lobster, scallops, squid, shrimp, pork, chicken, fish, etc., and for dessert we had a fried treat in the shape of a rabbit! everything was SOOO good! oh, i almost forgot to mention the eel we had, fried and steamed, mmm...MANY THANKS to e-mail's family for hosting and treating us! that was VERY kind of them.

last thing to note: it's minus 15 degrees here tonight, not including the wind chill. HOLY CRAP, i had forgotten how FRICKIN' FREEZING it gets here! i think being away from canada has caused me to have an idealized version in my head of what winter in canada is like. i imagine snowy days with bright sunshine, the air fresh and crisp, and while all of this is true, my brain conveniently forgot the holy-jesus-it's-so-cold-my-nose-is-going-to-fall-off part.

tomorrow is my birthday! eek. i don't want to talk about my age at the moment, all i'm looking forward to is the all-you-can-eat sushi dinner, and dairy queen ice cream cake that's waiting for me in the freezer. BRING IT ON.

CET

3 comments:

kiwigirl said...

Hey baby :)

Give Canuckian a BIG hug from me!!!!! And Canuckian - give CET a big hug from me too!!!! Have a FANTASTIC b'day!!!!

Don't freeze baby!!!

See u soon

xxx

J.L said...

HI! It's Jason

Thanks for the post. And of course you can add a link. I will do the same. I look forward to reading your blogs

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Twinsies! I look forward to seeing you (and eating even more food! - even though I'm still working on digesting all the yummy food from last night)

ps - who is "ladyinthestreet"?