Saturday, May 27, 2006

a bit of gossip

so here i am back in england. the flight was fine albeit a bit turbulent at times (i hate turbulence); i watched the end of the latest harry potter, queen latifah's predictable film, 'last holiday', and 'the constant gardener' - sooo good. if i ever get pregnant i want to look as hot as rachel weisz does in the film. my butt doesn't seem to be headed that way though, as i've been sat on it for seven hours. it flattened out, packed up and left its home for my thighs - now it looks like i have no butt, just huge, gargantuan tree trunks for legs, but anyhoo...

the gossip: so i texted frenchie to let him know that i'm back in town, coyly asking him what he was up to this weekend (it's a bank holiday)...lo and behold he tells me he has a date tomorrow! now, before you start calling him a bastard, hear me out; i told him right off the bat that this wasn't going to be serious as i am not looking for that, and we had agreed that it would be fine if we dated other people, plus he had mentioned this girl before, as his friends were trying to set them up for a while now, but things didn't fall into place for them to meet until just recently.

we went from texting to chatting on msn, and basically we both agreed it would be weird/wrong for us to do anything now that he is interested in the other girl - he's looking for a girlfriend and she's looking for a boyfriend, while i'm looking for neither, so it was all cool. it was really refreshing to have a frank and open conversation with him about stuff like this - honesty was all i ever asked of him and it was nice that he wasn't deceitful, and told me right off the bat. our conversation then led to a dissection of our first and second dates, which i found really eye-opening. men and women are just SOOO different, if we didn't know that already - he thought he talked too much while i thought he talked too little; he misread all my signals while i misread all of his, though admittedly in the end we both ended up where we wanted to be! we even talked openly about the sex, and what both of us could do to improve upon it - well, upon our individual skills i guess, since it doesn't look like we'll be doing it with each other anymore! - it was such a mature and honest end to my first 'casual encounter' experience. and another bonus: i can FINALLY concentrate on studying for my finals, which up until this point was pushed to the backburner in favour of boy-crazy, lustful thoughts.

pharmacy degree, i am all yours.

CET

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad it all worked out!

my young fling hasn't phoned me in awhile after calling me a lot so who knows what's up! i get too paranoid and over-analytical, even though i was afraid of his turning me into his surrogate gf or something before (not what i wanted) since he kept calling, etc.

ah, women... :)

it's beautiful outside today here in TO!

Anonymous said...

Yes it was gorgeous, yet I spent the entire day in the Eaton Centre. Not shopping! Just making the money for the shopping tm.

Wow, that sounds like an amazing connection you two had. I'm serious...to be able to talk that openly about such "taboo" topics has got to feel very liberating. I know that when I talk about stuff like that, I feel like I've just opened a window and all my thougths and ideas and whatever else accompanies my mind can freely move.