Tuesday, May 30, 2006

slow dancing, grade 6 style

worked at the pharmacy today for the morning/early afternoon; will do so again tomorrow. it's not really taking time away from studying considering i never study in the morning - the wooden cogs in my brain don't start turning until the pm. i might as well go to work to a) get my ass out of bed and b) make a bit of money. anyhoo...

before my whole melancholy bent yesterday, i was going to post about how i miss slow dancing - yup, everything from arms-out-like-zombies slow dancing circa grade 6, to full-on body contact, feel-his-breath-on-your-skin sexy dancing (let's hope you didn't do THAT in grade 6!). you NEVER hear a slow dance song in a club nowadays - slow dances are relegated to weddings, poo. well, i have four, maybe five, weddings to attend this summer, so there's some slow-dancing potential i guess!

i remember my very first slow dance - grade 6, with the younger twin of a set of boy twins in the class, ha ha ha, how appropriate! even better was that the older twin danced with canuckian, who's the older twin as well. classic...

this is the crap you think about when you want to do ANYTHING but study...

CET

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, twins dancing with twins...memories...my favourite memory was shooting Dairy Queen boy down when he asked me to dance and dancing with Swedish boy at the grade 6 graduation dance! Ah, good times, good times...

J.L said...

which one of you two is the better dancer?

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

jason, i think you're trying to start a fight... :o)

of course i would say I'M the better dancer, duh!

only a dance-off can decide this, right canuckian? BRING IT ON...

CET

Anonymous said...

Jason is disturbing da shit, eh? I'll admit CET's the better dancer - she can do the running man and I can't. That's the great determinant of dancing ability ;o) Can YOU do the running man Jason???

Anonymous said...

Please, Let us wait until August 12th for the final dance-off and cage match...I will prepare appropriate music from that time period...
shoop-doop-a-doop-doop-a-doop...

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

oh my GOODNESS...he's coming this way!!!

here i go, here i go, here i go again
girls, what's my weakness?
MEN!
ok then, chillin', chillin', mindin' my business
yo, salt, i looked around, and i couldn't believe this
i swear, i stared, my niece my witness
the brother had it goin' on with somethin' kinda...uh...

you get the idea.

CANNOT WAIT...

CET

Anonymous said...

wicked, wicked, had to kick it...
Look what you guys have started!

J.L said...

I can do the running man blind folded.. How cheesy. The hardest dance to master was the roger rabit. If you can do that, then you're the better dancer.

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

well, i'll have to brush off my roger rabbit skills then...i think canuckian will agree, i can do the roger rabbit before she can do it!

jason, you must be a WICKED dancer if you can do the running man blind folded...i smell a challenge...

i hear you break dance too?

CET

p.s. can you thread the needle?

Anonymous said...

I'm a kiwi who spent a year in Canada at the begining of the 90's(grade 6 to be precise).... I'd forgotten T.O dance moves until this blog. Thats what grade 6 was about - the dancin

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

hey anonymous,

the moves aren't specifically from t.o. (i love how you refer to toronto as 't.o.'!), they're north american in general (i guess). you didn't have those moves in NZ?

what were you doing in canada for a year? what did you think of it?

i little sleuthing on my site meter tells me you go to school in london, yes? drop me an email!

CET :o)