Monday, May 29, 2006

sporadic vomiting

the rain god and the sun god must be having a cage match over england today - one minute it pours rain like a bloody mofo, the next minute it's bright, bright sunshine overhead...i swear, i don't think i'll ever get used to this english weather!

i have not stepped outside since saturday morning, when i came back from dc. saturday and sunday were complete wastes, as my body and mind could not function at all due to the jetlag kicking in. today has been a bit better, though i really didn't start studying until around 3pm, but anyhoo...

perhaps i'm getting off my holiday high, or perhaps it's the sound of the rain, but i'm in a bit of a melancholy mood today. i've been listening to my fav kt tunstall a lot this weekend - note for note and word for word, her songs seem to capture my relationship with ex-T perfectly - in particular, the words from her song 'throw me a rope' have resonated with me:

and whenever you go it's like holding my breath underwater
i have to admit that i kind of like it when i do
oh i've got to be unconditionally unafraid of my days without you

so throw me a rope, to hold me in place
show me a clock, for counting my days down
'cause everything's easier when you're beside me
come back and find me
whenever i'm falling you're always behind me
come back and find me
'cause i feel alone

CET

No comments: