Saturday, January 07, 2006

back in foggy londontown

so it's my first full day back in londontown, back to a frickin' cold flat and shite weather, yay!

don't worry, i'm not too negative at being back. Actually, it gets me into "study mode" - a mode i haven't been in for a while! i have three weeks until my exams so it's time to start crackin'!

seriously though, my flat is SO cold, and that's with all the radiators on at full blast! i've been wearing a toque at home!

i slept for 5 hours in the afternoon on friday, and another 13 hours last night to get over my jetlag...i still feel like i could sleep for another 13 more...

my flatmates don't get back until monday, so i have the place to myself. kinda quiet but kinda nice, as i can eat all the fish that i want (flatmate j has a severe fish allergy)! must break into the cans of tuna before monday.

just received word that a couple that i know (the one i mentioned a while ago - the girl's in the states while the guy is in alberta) are engaged. canuckian totally called that one, saying that the guy would probably ask the girl to marry him over christmas. i don't know if they read my blog but if they do, then CONGRATULATIONS!

it's strange because i only know people that are either a) married or engaged, or b) single and still on the "hunt". i don't know anyone in between. i know this is a natural progression as you get older, but it still feels weird to me when i hear of people getting engaged/married. maybe because i won't be at that stage for a LONG, LONG, LONG time, and feel no need to be in that stage either...

anyhoo, batteries running out on my laptop, gotta go!

CET

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good flight. See ya in June! Good luck on exams

kiwigirl said...

I don't really think I am on the 'hunt' per se. I would like to meet someone, but its not my main goal in life right now. And i want to meet someone, because being with someone is fun, not because I want to marry them and pop out some babies!

Anonymous said...

welcome back. See you on Monday