Sunday, January 22, 2006

got one thing accomplished!

so it's been a dull and yet slightly strange weekend, ending off on a happy note!

dull: need i even say the word? studying! my ass has been glued to my chair, in front of the desk, since saturday afternoon when i finally started studying. tackled some biochem, then breaked for the rest of the evening by having dinner at kiwigirl's flat (yummy dinner kl and luce, thank you!) and then going to see a movie. we were suppose to see "memoirs of a geisha" but it was all sold out; ended up watching "just friends", i.e. rom-com crap. i liked the siblings fighting though, reminded me of canuckian and i! ahhh, memories...

strange: today it was me and the computer, not the textbooks, as i have a group project due tuesday of which i am the leader. collating everyone's contribution, stuff like that. i was about to go completely insane after sitting for hours in my room, chained to my computer, when my ex from university, MD, msned and we chatted for a while. i've been in a bit of a "funk" today for many reasons, and upon admitting them to MD, started crying. i think what made me cry was that i admitted that i am lonely. don't get me wrong, i have friends here and i'm fine with being single, but i don't know, sometimes i feel lonely. anyhoo, felt a little bit better after letting some tears out.

happy: spoke to the family today, my sweet chili included. god i miss him! before speaking to them i got the biggest surprise of them all - my close friend, "muslim goddess", called me!!! it was such a shock! she NEVER calls - evidenced by the fact that she used the calling card she bought THREE YEARS AGO when canuckian and i were living in london! this was the first time she used it! after that my other close friend, "crazy chicken" (or "mr. bing"), and i msned for a bit - another person i haven't been in touch with since christmas! laughing with them made me so happy.

off to bed now. glad to get out of this chair.

have a great week everybody!

CET

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, "little brown girl", as I like to call her, called me too! AMAZING! I'm jealous you msned with crazy chicken - if you are reading this crazy chicken, you owe me some Afro Ken! And baby, I think if your roomies weren't so crappy, you'd feel less lonely. I think you should definitely move out. Oh, big hug! Love you lots, Canuckian ;o) PS I spoke to Chili too, awww...

Anonymous said...

That card still worked after 3 years? That's insane. Crying is good....trust me, I had to go through that myself.

Anonymous said...

Hey CET, Finally I've added you in my favourites and kinda glued to your blog (hate to admit it... lol). I am ENJOYING every bit of your "stories" including the bitching... so you go Girl!!! (makes me feel so trashy....)
Nunuk

PS Nunuk is what I chose my nick name... And if you can't figure it out, lets head back to Cyberdog and go crazy....